India Migrants Hosed Down with Disinfectant0 Komentar
Migrant workers in India traveling from the capital New Delhi to their villages during the country’s coronavirus lockdown are hosed down with disinfectant by men in protective suits, Monday, March 30, a move which has sparked criticism of government officials online. A local official later tweeted that the fire brigade had been instructed to sanitize buses, but sprayed the passengers because of "over-enthusiasm.” The district where the incident took place - Bareilly in northern Uttar Pradesh state - reported its first coronavirus case on Sunday. Hundreds of thousands of migrant workers are desperate to leave cities where they are stranded without work or money as India shuts down for three weeks to prevent the spread of the coronavirus. With all transportation, such as trains and buses, suspended many are making traveling hundreds of kilometers on foot, lugging bags or clutching small bundles. Trains and buses went out of service on Sunday with almost no notice, giving people little time to leave. India has recorded more than 1,000 cases of coronavirus and 29 deaths but hopes the lockdown will stave off a bigger outbreak. #india migrants #disinfectant #covid-19 #corona #virus corona
Vidio lainnya dari VOALihat semua
- 02:58Adaptasi Industri Film dan Bioskop Hadapi COVID-19
- 02:32Korban Tewas Tembus 100 Ribu, Masker Masih Menjadi Kontroversi
- 03:37Kembalinya Tradisi Kebun Sayur Mandiri "Victory Gardens"
- 03:57Nge-Gym di Rumah Bisa Menjadi Disruptor Industri Kebugaran
- 03:38Diaspora Indonesia di AS Tak Gelar Salat Ied Bersama karena Pandemi